CHASP is the sponsor of the student and alumni organization LBJ Social Policy Network (SPN). The SPN welcomes any LBJ student whose area of interest is or intersects with any pressing social policy issue. Throughout the year, SPN and CHASP collaborate to provide students and alumni a platform to connect and interact with each other, distinguished faculty, and key policymakers and decision makers.
CHASP also supports LBJ students through the CHASP Ambassador program, providing sponsorships for special events, conferences, and opportunities throughout the year. CHASP Ambassador opportunities are communicated via the student/alumni SPN listserv.
We encourage all students whose area of interest is or intersects with any of these policy issues to connect to SPN and CHASP: poverty, social mobility, public education, criminal justice, juvenile justice, early childhood, child welfare, family supports, adolescent health, family structure, food insecurity, mental health, reproductive health, healthcare, health finance, aging, housing, and transportation.
Connect with CHASP and SPN:
- Join the student/alumni SPN listserv to remain updated about the upcoming SPN meetings, events, social policy intern and full-time job announcements. For students and alumni only.
- Join the Center for Health and Social Policy email group to get professional news, CHASP event announcements, CHASP faculty updates, and more
- Follow CHASP on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Join the new SPN Facebook group, a private interactive forum for students and alumni connected to social policy issues to share info that would be of interest to their peers and colleagues (news, events, jobs, etc.).
- Like the SPN club Facebook page.
2017-2018 SPN Leadership:
- President – Alejandra Tello, email@example.com
- Vice President – Rosa Evelyn
- Publicity Director – Open
- Academic Enrichment – Yeo-Ri and Audry Muntz
- Community Engagement – Robert Epstein and Lucia Montes
- Professional Development – Robert Epstein and Lucia Montes
Sample SPN events:
- volunteer events
- alumni/student happy hour
- event panel with policy practitioners
Photo: Fall 2016 CHASP Student Welcome Lunch