CHASP is the sponsor of the student and alumni club LBJ Social Policy Network (SPN). The SPN welcomes any LBJ student whose area of interest is or intersects with social policy. Throughout the year, SPN and CHASP collaborate to provide students and alumni a platform to connect and interact with each other, distinguished faculty, and public and private sector leaders. SPN also coordinates its own volunteer events, social events, and special events.
Be sure to connect with CHASP and SPN:
- Join the student/alumni SPN listserv to remain updated about the upcoming SPN meetings, events, social policy intern and full-time job announcements. For students and alumni only.
- Join the CHASP email list to get professional news, events of interest, faculty fellow and student updates, and more
- Follow CHASP on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Join the SPN Facebook group, a private interactive forum for students and alumni connected to social policy issues to share info that would be of interest to their peers and colleagues (news, events, jobs, etc.).
- Like the SPN club Facebook page.
- Join the LBJ School's Alumnifire network.
2019-2020 SPN Executive Leadership
Anna Gu - Anna is a second-year Master of Public Affairs candidate at the LBJ School of Public Affairs. After completing a BA in Comparative Studies in Race and Ethnicity at Stanford University, she supported research and advocacy for blended and personalized learning at the Christensen Institute. She then taught in a Montessori preschool before returning to her home state to oversee a $7 million statewide grant for public-private prekindergarten partnerships at the Texas Education Agency. Currently researching how schools receive reimbursement from Medicaid with the Children’s Defense Fund, Anna is interested in how workforce, family, and education policy interact to improve equity. After LBJ, she hopes to apply these interests to program evaluation and policy analysis.
2019-2020 SPN Committee Chairs
Filled in the fall - Attend the CHASP Student Lunch on 9/4 and contact SPN if interested:
- Professional Development Committee
- Community Engagement Committee
- Academic Enrichment Committee