The Adolescent Health Equity Initiative (AHEI) is a CHASP sponsored collaborative that aims to advance adolescent health equity in central Texas and the state by bringing together leading stakeholders in adolescent research, policy, and advocacy. AHEI is anchored by an interdisciplinary group of top adolescent health researchers at The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) and serves as an academic partner and resource to policymakers and community organizations who work with adolescents.
The AHEI seeks to:
- understand the Texas policy landscape for adolescent health to determine how research can help inform policies and how work in the field can inform research
- define and explore the most pressing priorities in adolescent health
- identify and amplify the existing research and efforts in adolescent health at The University of Texas at Austin and beyond
- serve as a forum for the exchange of information about research, needs, challenges, and opportunities
- facilitate communication among a diverse group of voices and organizations to spur new collaborations and ideas
- strengthen research collaborations and data sharing opportunities
Current participants represent:
- UT Austin College of Education - Kinesiology and Health Education
- UT Austin College of Liberal Arts - Sociology
- UT Austin College of Natural Sciences - Human Development and Family Sciences
- UT Austin Dell Medical School - Population Health
- UT Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs - Child and Family Research Partnership
- UT Austin School of Nursing
For questions or if you are interested in joining the AHEI, please contact CHASP.