CHASP’s mission is to reduce social and health disparities in communities, the U.S., and abroad by conducting rigorous research, facilitating interdisciplinary collaborations, and preparing the next generation of innovative social policy leaders.
The Center for Health and Social Policy (CHASP) is the home of social policy at The University of Texas at Austin and the LBJ School of Public Affairs. CHASP is a resource for scholars, policy- and decision-makers, and communities for expertise, perspective, and connections – all focused on the policy relevance of the most pressing social issues. CHASP is a catalyst for interdisciplinary solutions and collaborations at The University of Texas at Austin and beyond. We also provide specialized support and opportunities to the students of the LBJ School of Public Affairs whose interests intersect social policy issues.
Areas of Focus:
- Ensuring Success in Early Childhood
- Building an Educated and Productive Workforce
- Creating Healthy and Safe Communities
- Using Evidence to Inform Decision-Making
- Facilitating Collaborations to Strengthen and Transform Policies
- Preparing the Next Generation of Innovative Social Policy Leaders
More about the Center:
- Please connect with CHASP by signing up for our email news and events list and following us on social media.
- Contact us if you are a policy or program leaders seeking expertise in one of our areas of focus.
- Faculty of The University of Texas at Austin who share in our mission and seek to be a part of an interdisciplinary group are invited to join as a CHASP Faculty Fellow.
- Contact us if you are part of a University of Texas at Austin center that would like to join our center partners.
- Students and alumni of the LBJ School of Public Affairs are encouraged to be a part of the student and alumni club, LBJ Social Policy Network (SPN)
For media inquiries related to the Center for Health and Social Policy or its faculty fellows, please contact:
Programs and Communications Director