On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 8:00am Central Standard Time (2:00pm Dublin time), CHASP Faculty Fellow and The LBJ School of Public Affairs professor Dr. Abigail Aiken appeared before the Joint Oireachtas Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Irish Constitution, the Irish Parliamentary Committee responsible for deciding the scope of the referendum to legalize abortion in Ireland, which is slated to take place in 2018.
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Irish Constitution: ow.ly/xUll30fG6fE.
- Meeting live stream: ow.ly/bvvf30fG5Df.
- Newest paper: Barriers to accessing abortion services and perspectives on using mifepristone and misoprostol at home in Great Britain (Contraception, September 2017)
- Dr. Abigail Aiken LBJ School of Public Affairs faculty profile: ow.ly/rrAL30fG5IF
- News about Dr. Abigail Aiken: chasp.lbj.utexas.edu/tag/aiken
- Between the Lines with Sarah McInerne: Radio interview with Dr. Abigail Aiken (~20 minutes in)
- The Times: Desperate women ‘using coat hangers’ to abort pregnancies
- The Irish Times: Legal uncertainties surround abortion law options, committee warned
- The Irish Times: Rhona Mahony: Eighth Amendment creates ‘unacceptable clinical risk’
- Irish Examiner: Doctor warns Irish women travelling to the UK for abortion could be blocked by Brexit
- Independent House: ‘We’ve had a woman die on her way back from a termination’ – Professor Fergal Malone
- Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ): Online demand for abortion pills tripled between 2010-16
- Hot Press: Master of Rotunda Hospital: We’re not caring for women in the way we should
- SHEmazing: 8th Amendment committee: Woman died on flight home from abortion