One of CHASP’s primary missions it to bring together scholars from multiple disciplines to strengthen public policies on pressing health and social policy issues. CHASP’s Research to Practice Roundtable (R2P) Series takes it one step further and connects high-level policymakers with scholars at The University of Texas at Austin to bridge policy priorities and the newest research.
The most recent R2P focused on victim services and the criminal justice system, with Zena Hooper, Psy.D, Director of Victim Services, Office of the Governor, State of Texas. Dr. Hooper is the Director of the Victim Services Section of the Criminal Justice Division at the Office of the Governor, State of Texas. She oversees the design, development, recommendation and implementation of new initiatives and innovations in the victims’ services area. She also provides administrative oversight for victims’ services grants related to advocacy in domestic violence, sexual assault, and understudied and underserved victim populations.
- Cecilia Granger Acuff, MSW, Program Coordinator, Office of the Governor-Criminal Justice Division
- Marilyn Armour, Ph.D., Professor, School of Social Work and Director, Institute for Restorative Justice and Restorative Dialogue
- Margaret Bassett, LPC-S, Professor, School of Social Work and Director, Institute on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Sarah Brayne, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology
- Monica Faulkner, Ph.D., LMSW, Research Associate Professor, School of Social Work and Director, Texas Institute for Child & Family Wellbeing
- Jeana Lungwitz, J.D., Clinical Professor, School of Law and Director, Domestic Violence Clinic
- Cynthia Osborne, Ph.D., Associate Professor, LBJ School of Public Affairs and Director, Center for Health and Social Policy
- James Patton, M.Ed., Ed.D., Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Special Education, College of Education
- Becky Pettit, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Sociology
- Lynn Westbrook, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Information
- Leila Wood, Ph.D., LMSW, Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
- Amanda Woog, J.D., Postdoctoral Legal Fellow, Institute for Urban Policy Research and Analysis, College of Liberal Arts
For questions about CHASP Research to Practice Roundtables, please contact email@example.com.
Photo: Cynthia Osborne, Ph.D. (CHASP Director) and Zena Hooper, Psy. D. (Director of Victim Services)